FanStory.com - The Escape Artistby AnnieDawn
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
My little sister was the escape artist.
The Escape Artist by AnnieDawn
True Story Flash contest entry

My little sister was an escape artist when she was a toddler. She could disappear in a twinkling. One time when the whole family was outside together, one of us realized that she was missing. We called, and searched, coming up empty. Panicking, Dad sent us out in all directions to look again. We had looked everywhere except up, so I did. There she was, sitting on a tree branch looking down at me with her Cheshire cat grin. Dad got the ladder and fetched her down. Apparently, she could climb up a tree but couldn't climb down.

Recognized

Author Notes
My little sister had that mischievous personality her whole life. It was just a part of her.
(My word processor shows this to have exactly 102 words. I counted 96 twice and added two words to bring the count to 98 which makes it acceptable for the contest.)

     

© Copyright 2024. AnnieDawn All rights reserved.
AnnieDawn has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement