FanStory.com - Two Places for Rentby Mary Kay Bonfante
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Lease terms for both dwellings are eternal.
Journey of Faith
: Two Places for Rent by Mary Kay Bonfante
A House for Rent writing prompt entry
Artwork by lynnkah at FanArtReview.com

Warning: The author has noted that this contains the highest level of violence.

Dwelling No. 1

666 Lake of Fire

Gehenna, Abaddon

The price for this apartment is not really too high: your soul. It is very likely that you have already paid for it, because we have all been sold into sin,* unless you have been redeemed (see ad for Dwelling No. 2). There is no eat-in kitchen, but a fire is burning continually. You will have guilt, remorse and regrets. There is no access to God the Father, the Son or the Holy Spirit.

There's continual heating; off the charts. There is no air conditioning or running water. It's in a very crowded part of the cosmos. Your roommates will be the devil, all his demons and countless other tormented souls. The screams are deafening. It's not close to any transportation whatsoever, and there is no means of egress.
 

Dwelling No. 2

777 New Jerusalem Avenue

City of the Lamb, Kingdom of God

The price for this dwelling is very high: the Blood of Jesus Christ. However, the terms are simple: accept that the price has been paid, and enter into an eternal relationship with Him now.** This price has been paid for your redemption, and will render null and void your payment for Dwelling No. 1 (see above).

Dwelling size varies according to the works accomplished for Jesus Christ during the applicant's lifetime, ranging from small and comfortable, to a spacious mansion. You will also have a new, healthy body! There's plenty of light. Many brethren and angels will be your neighbors; their music will be awesome. You'll have full-time access to God and to Jesus Christ.

A river of living water will be lined by trees bearing fruit, year-round. Peace is guaranteed. You can eat fruit from the Tree of Life. Love abounds. Many open dwellings await you! 


Writing Prompt
Make two ads for an apartment for rent. Write one for Heaven and one for hell. Describe your apartment and give an address. Be creative. Recommended: No mention of Heaven or hell in the ads. Maximum word count is 300 words.

Recognized

Author Notes
*for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement, through the shedding of his blood--to be received by faith. He did this to demonstrate his righteousness, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished--he did it to demonstrate his righteousness at the present time, so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus.
Romans 3:23-26 NIV

**For he says, "In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you." I tell you, now is the time of God's favor, now is the day of salvation.
2 Corinthians 6:2 NIV

I give all glory, honor, praise and thanks for the writing in this post to God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, without whom I couldn't write a thing.

Many thanks for the artwork used for this post, courtesy of lynnkah, from FanArt, titled, "By his stripes we are healed."
Several favorable remarks by reviewers about the above artwork were included in the reviews of this post, and I am very grateful to the artist.

These three ladies do a marvelous job, telling the story of our redemption, through worship music:
"Agnes Dei/ King of Kings" at the Grove, featuring Brooke Ligertwood, Jenn Johnson, & Chidima Ubah 6:30

     

© Copyright 2024. Mary Kay Bonfante All rights reserved.
Mary Kay Bonfante has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement