FanStory.com - The Walking Dead Ratsby Raul1
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Dead rats rule.
The Walking Dead Rats by Raul1
    Supernatural Flash Fiction Contest Winner 

Warning: The author has noted that this contains the highest level of violence.
Jake is feeding his pet rat. What he doesn't know is that the rodent is going to die. He wakes up in the morning to find that his rat is gone. Jake's rat is roaming the streets of New York. Jake found that the cat killed his pet. But Jake is terrified of what both species are going to become.

Cats devour the streets of New York City. They have eaten and killed all the rats remaining. The felines didn't know that they were coming back to hunt them down. Dead rats come alive to threaten the feline race. Somehow, Jake is involved.

The walking dead rodents attack the cat group one by one. The felines run away for their lives. Rats kill whichever cat they can find. Where are they? As the cats purr, they shed lots of blood. The dead rats are doing their jobs. They are feeding off them, and Jake can't believe it. His pet is now an accessory to murder. He actually is a witness.

There isn't a single live feline around are all dead. The rodents laugh of sweet revenge by the cats no longer rule over their lives. The strangers look at them with disbelief, and the dead cats come back to life. Now it is the walking dead rats and cats taking over the streets of New York. People scream for their lives. Both animal species are now friends terrorizing the citizens of New York City. The new batch of evil. Just make sure they get fed, Jake. He now has both animal species to look after. How did he get involved with them? The walking dead rats and cats gave Jake a calling. It called, "Jake, you're our leader now! Lead us the way!"


Writing Prompt
The character in your story is involved in some way with the supernatural.
Supernatural Flash Fiction
Contest Winner

     

© Copyright 2024. Raul1 All rights reserved.
Raul1 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement