FanStory.com - Of Utmost Inconvenienceby Elizabeth Emerald
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Landlord overboard: ''Just my luck'' says tenant
Of Utmost Inconvenience by Elizabeth Emerald

As I write, I have the phone by my side. In about fifteen minutes, I'll be getting a call from my friend Chuck, who is frantically rummaging his files for the copy of his lease.

You may wonder why, at 12:30 a.m., Chuck is desperate to locate his lease. The reason is that he doesn't recall his landlord's surname; as he rifles the file cabinet Chuck is praying for any other than "Mahoney."

As was reported on Channel Ten's "News at Eleven," Kevin Mahoney's body was recovered this afternoon, nearby his sailboat, from the Merrimack River in Newburyport, Massachusetts.

Kevin Landlord, who has a sailboat, lives in Newburyport, Massachusetts.

Kevin Mahoney, age 33, has wavy brown hair and a beard. 

Kevin Landlord, age ??, has ?? brown hair and a beard ?? Chuck can't recall, having only met him once, briefly; his impression is of an uncomfortably close resemblance.  

Chuck, who lives in a luxury condominium, had a verbal agreement with Kevin Landlord to renew his lease, which expires October first.

Chuck's dilemma is that, if his landIord is dead his heirs would likely choose to sell the condominium. Chuck owns two modest apartments in a low-end complex; two days ago, his tenants pending signed one-year leases. Had he known he'd be left in the lurch, he'd have reserved one of the apartments for himself.

Why does this have to happen to him! 



Chuck just called. Kevin Landlord's last name is Doherty!


Praise the Lord! His prayers were answered.


Kevin Mahoney's weren't.

 


 

Recognized

Author Notes
A Morning Sunrise by Brady Nielson on FanArtReview.com THANK YOU!

     

© Copyright 2024. Elizabeth Emerald All rights reserved.
Elizabeth Emerald has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement