FanStory.com - The Pig Penby T B Botts
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Every guy needs a place to hang out
The Pig Pen by T B Botts
The old farmhouse writing prompt entry

Edward walked briskly along the avenue leading to the old farmhouse. His sweaty hand was thrust into his pocket, holding on to the note he found at home from his mom. "Edward" it said, "Don's mother and I spoke- you guys need to tear down the pig pen. We think you're smoking and probably taking girls in there as well" They were right about the smoking, but the closest they came to having a girl in the hideout was a well - thumbed Playboy that they'd gotten from the Beatnik across the alley who fancied himself an artist. He needed to hurry. He knew his dad would be by later to check on their progress.

The farmhouse was out of place in this urban environment; located at one end of a field, it provided the raw materials the boys needed for the pig pen, so named because of the swing set frame that provided the foundation for the hang out.

"Edward!" cried Don. " We have to tear it down!"
" I know" he replied, "and we have to act fast. Dad will come by I'm certain. We need to get rid of the evidence."

The boys raised the bamboo mat that covered the dirt floor and were horrified to see hundreds of cigarette butts underneath. With pockets bulging they crawled out the doorway and tossed them into the tall weeds that surrounded the area. They hid the Playboy as dad arrived. Each of them looked anxiously about for evidence not hidden.




Writing Prompt
Edward walked briskly along the avenue leading to the old farmhouse........

Continue the story/fiction/beg/mid/end/-tell us an interesting, atmospheric tale in 250 words. Write your own title(not included in word count)

Recognized

     

© Copyright 2024. T B Botts All rights reserved.
T B Botts has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement