FanStory.com - New Directionby samandlancelot
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Another loss
Gambling with God
: New Direction by samandlancelot

Background
Would God want me to gamble? I think He wants me at the casino playing games. I didn't realize when I wrote my first chapter, this was a story to be continued. Journal entries begin with chapter two.

4/18/21

We lost $130 at the casino last night; we're still ahead $518.

Before we went to the casino last night, I had direction: I would spend $100, and no more. I would play $3 max bet on the Quick Hit machine. My feelings made me suspicious: I wanted to win. I was certain God directed me on how to play, but I wasn't sure if I agreed with Him about winning. When my feelings are about God's will and not about what I want for the result, I know I agree with Him. Any other feelings make me suspicious about which side I'm on.

Gary wanted to get in on the Hot Seat drawings, so he picked an eligible machine to play his money. He planned to invest $20, combined with my $100, so we would get two $10 free plays. After he lost the $20, he switched machines and lost another $40. Then I played my $100 and our two free play tickets. We were down $160, and we were ready to leave. I couldn't find my coat. It wasn't where I last left it. It wasn't turned in at the security desk, and then I found it laying on a wastebasket.

I was all set, ready to leave, but Gary didn't want to accept his losses. We found a new machine to play, and Gary played another $20. He had a good win and had recovered $75, but he wanted the last $5 that he lost. He stopped when he was down to $50.

He would not go to the casino again, until we got home and "the next time we go. . ."

If I don't play, Satan won't lose. We will win, and Satan will lose. Those truths are still alive in me.

This morning I have new direction: Gary and I are in this together. God gave me the $1257 win that pays for our visits. Until now, it was my win and whatever wins came from my plays were mine. That's about to change. I will continue to invest our winnings at the casino as God directs me, but going forward, we share the winnings.


     

© Copyright 2024. samandlancelot All rights reserved.
samandlancelot has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement