FanStory.com - Jeannie Djeen In A Lampby sunnilicious
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
to-do-list
Sunnilicious' NaPoWriMo, April 2021
: Jeannie Djeen In A Lamp by sunnilicious


You can't buy me and place upon the pedestal,
You must rub me like the belly of a puppy.
Bring me out from this stuffy little lamp to play,
And I will grant you the wildest of all wishes.

I can't even count my salty tears anymore...
They aren't evaporating because of the air;
Fabric walls in ruins as I walk on water
As I think of all the things to do in this world.

Tap, tap, tap in is modern and could work for you.
Your tap might control my belly dance from the smoke
And I could tell you all the rules to wish making;
I could give you a few days to decide your faith.

Then, I should snap around to explore this city...
I want to see those woman construction workers
Taking a break to whistle at male street walkers,
And visit that pansexual congress person.

I promise to check in on you at the worst times,
Or we could be chic with those walkie talkie things.
I am sure that you'd need me more that thinkable,
But I would do anything to live in freedom.


 

Author Notes
NaPoWriMo April 2021, Day 9 Writing Prompt - Write a â??to-do listâ?? of an unusual person or character like Fairy God Mother, God Father, Cupid, Twiggy, Prince, etc...

NOTE 1: The mythical name for a female wish granter that lives in a bottle/lamp is Jeannie in English or Djeen in ancient languages. I google searched it.
NOTE 2: There is a sculpture in Dallas in front this symphony hall built by Foster (eyeglasses corporation) and Perot (self-made billionaire) which people/tourist are encouraged to explore by walking on the water. It is a real sculpture. Pretty cool.
NOTE 3: The picture was taken at the Oddities & Curiosities Expo. I bought it to fulfill my kitsch-streak... However, I was told that it was made for burning aromatic incense cones for purified air. And now, I used it for storytelling in a poem.
NOTE 4: I thought to do Cupid, but that figure was a man. I thought to do Jennifer Aniston, but she's still alive and real. And then, I remembered taking this picture. I didn't really choose a poetic form, I just wrote 4 verse stanzas. No concentration on rhyme, but some alliterations naturally appeared.
NOTE 5: No music for inspiration until I started writing. But I heard about tap, tap-tap 'in like a year before the song was written from watching YouTube mukbangs (chew & chat videos).


REFERENCES:
1) National Poetry Writing Month, April 2021 - https://www.napowrimo.net/
2) How Many Syllables - https://www.howmanysyllables.com/
3) Rhyme Zone - https://www.rhymezone.com/

     

© Copyright 2024. sunnilicious All rights reserved.
sunnilicious has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement