FanStory.com - Sally's Jukebox Hits #50by Sally Law
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
In Dreams by Roy Orbison
Sally's Jukebox Hits #50 by Sally Law











Welcome to my jukebox. I'm counting down my all-time favorites from 50 to 1!

I'm sure you'll find something in here, so... please feel free to dance and sing along.

I grew up on a steady diet of classic rock n' roll played on my little red record player.

I'd stack my 45s high, then I was off to sleep until the thumping of the needle woke me up.

Yes, something happened to me as I was drifting off with these songs in my dreams. "You are what you read," it is said. I'll go one step further-- "You are what you listen to."

From my head (and heart) to yours...

Number 50 is "In Dreams" by the very talented, Roy Orbison. He looks super smart in his horn-rimmed glasses in the black and white video below. His voice is mellow, sweet, and unforgettable. I've never mistaken him for someone else.

Mr. Orbison spoke of his singing, saying, "That sense of 'do it for all it's worth and do it now and do it good.'" Yep, he delivers for me every time.

He roared into the 60s with these chart toppers: "Only the Lonely" (1960), "Running Scared" (1961), "Crying" (1961), "In Dreams" (1963), and "Oh, Pretty Woman" (1964). Roy Orbison has been awarded six Grammys.

Music Hall of Famers love him, too:

2006--Music City Walk Of Fame Winner ~ Star Guitar.
2010--Walk of Fame Winner ~ Star on the Walk of Fame.

Elvis spoke in gushing terms of Roy Orbison, saying, "Roy had the most perfect voice" and referring to him as "greatest singer in the world."

Like most great people, Roy had to overcome personal tragedy in order to move forward in his talent. (Another reason I like this man so much.)

Country has never been so cool.

Enjoy #50 on my jukebox today--"In Dreams" by Roy Kelton Orbison.

Recognized

Author Notes
https://youtu.be

     

© Copyright 2024. Sally Law All rights reserved.
Sally Law has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement