FanStory.com - Don't Laugh At Me!by BethShelby
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Adults like to tell the cute things their kids say and do.
Don't Laugh At Me! by BethShelby
From The Mouth Of A Child writing prompt entry

My mother was always busy doing housework, and I was an only child left to come up with my own entertainment. I usually played outside. Sometimes there were things that I'd never seen before, and I needed answers. If Mom could spare a minute she'd come when I called. But if I said something she thought was funny or cute, she would share it with everyone.
I’m five, and I'm exploring the world of my front yard. I see a stick figure sitting in a chair on a leaf, He was green, an
d he has long stick legs and stick arms and he was rubbing his hands to gether.

He’s so cute. I never saw one of those little people before. Mama needs to see him.

“Mama, come see this little green man.”

“A little green man? Honey, Mommy’s busy right now. I need to finish lunch before Daddy gets home.”

“But Mama, he might leave. You need to come now.”

“What’s your little man doing?”

“He’s sitting in the tree. I think he is rubbing his hands like Daddy does. Please come see him.”

“Okay, I’ll come for a minute. Let’s go see your little man.”

I lead her to the tree and pointed. He is still there. Mama starts laughing.

“Honey, that not a man. That’s a praying mantis. He’s an insect.”

“Well, I didn’t know. He looks like a little man to me. What is he praying for?

“Not that kind of “pray.” He ‘s looking for prey. Prey is like something he can catch and eat. He eats other insects.”

“How am I ever supposed to learn words, if pray don’t mean pray?”

She thinks I'm stupid. Mama’s gonna tell everybody like she did about that thing I brought in the house last week. I thought it was a pretty painted rock that the dog was playing with. She thought it was so funny when it turned out to be a turtle and it sprouted a head and legs and walked across the room. I’m not ever going to tell her anything again. I don’t like people laughing at me.
 

 


Writing Prompt
Write a story with 350 words - "From The Mouth Of A Child. Any chosen topic but must include a child's thoughts.

Recognized

     

© Copyright 2024. BethShelby All rights reserved.
BethShelby has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement