FanStory.com - Political Colorsby QC Poet
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Shouldn't They Be Black and Blue?
Pappa's Memories and Ramblings
: Political Colors by QC Poet
Nice U.S. Political Poem writing prompt entry

 The Evolution of the Democratic Party began after War way back in Eighteen-twelve.
By the Eighteen-thirties a Democratic-Republican named Andrew Jackson in politics did delve.
As this Party flip-flops over Slavery and Expansion for many years, I'll just follow the rules and take a deep air swelve!
Reconstruction resistance brought in an Elite Class and a Great Depression brought the reforms a New Deal used as a valve.
Today's rivals of those Demo-Republicans might have tried voting them out onto a shelve?
This era of Democratic dominance spans for most of the last 60 years we can add to it now - ourselves?


Since Nineteen thirty-two through Nineteen-eighty, this Republican Party has won four presidential elections.
And a Congressional majority lasting four years with all the multi-million fan aspirational intentions!
Dwight D. Eisenhower a Republican Centrist President in Nineteen Fiftythree to 1961, avoided a change of Military directions?
Senator R. Taft was an Isolationist opposed NATO and the Foreign entanglements of our interventions!
Still "Ike" actively supported equal rights for women and African Americans, then came Conservative Barry Goldwater's rejections.
President R. Nixon’s ill-fated presidency reached its culmination with the election of Ron Reagan in1980 those after will await explainations.

Finally what I'd really want to see in today's Two Majority Party Colors is both talk to one another Not Over the other and some Listening!
Listening to the Other side's perspective becomes difficult each day that passes in a competitive Nation that's Bristling!
Bristling with Selfish Power it's Want's over the Common Good's Needs with our divergent National Desires Sold to the Highest Bidder Whistling?
Whistling getting the Newest, Shining Worthless Bobble Doodad's while Stumbling over Fellow Needy Humans barely glistening!
Glistening yet struggling to be Noticed by a Cold Frozen Society dividing our Have Nots boldly laughing witnessing,
Witnessing the Cruelty our Have's No Longer seek factual solutions of National Issues via Real Social Distancing! 
 



Writing Prompt
Okay, so here's a challenge for you!

Write a three stanza poem about Democrats, Republicans, and what you want for this country.

Here are the terms:

There should be one stanza about Democrats with ABSOLUTELY NO insults, passive aggressive statements, or sarcasm.

One stanza about Republicans with ABSOLUTELY NO insults, passive aggressive statements, or sarcasm.

Third stanza should be about what you want for the United States. You do not have to live here or be from here to participate in this contest.

All three stanza should be equal in length.

I want to see positivity. If it helps keep in mind the golden rule

"If you can't think of anything nice to say, then say nothing at all."

I will be monitoring this contest myself. What I say goes.

Please note: if anyone compares anyone to a nazi they will be automatically disqualified.




Author Notes
Political Colors
2/19/2021
By; QC Poet
(A.K.A) Chochee Medina / George Martinez
Shouldn't They Be Black and Blue?
A Nice U.S. Political Poem;

Notes;
Contest Information;
Photo Credits to; Free Internet Search Downloadable Sites in Author's Collage Grouping and Filter Adds.

(1st paragraph 109 words approx.) (2nd paragraph 102 words approx.),
(3rd paragraph 115 words approx.)

Though the centrist Republican Dwight D. Eisenhower, was president from 1953 to 1961, he actively supported equal rights for women and African Americans, a conservative resurgence led to Barry Goldwater's nomination as president in 1964, and continued with? Richard Nixon's ill-fated presidency it reached its culmination with the election of Ronald Reagan in 1980.
Republicans From Reagan to Trump;
After running on a platform based on reducing the size of the federal government, Reagan increased military spending, spearheaded huge tax cuts and championed the free market with policies that became known as Reaganomics.
In foreign policy, the United States also emerged the victor in its long-running Cold War with the Soviet Union. But as the economy began to show signs of weakness, the growing national debt helped foster popular dissatisfaction with Reagan's successor, George H.W. Bush.
The GOP recaptured the White House in 2000, with the highly contested victory of Bush's son, George W. Bush, over Democratic contender Al Gore. Though initially popular, particularly after the 9/11 terrorist atta7cks, the Bush administration lost support thanks to growing opposition to the war in Iraq and the faltering economy during the Great Recession.

After Democrat Barack Obama became the first African American to be elected U.S. president in 2008, the rise of the populist Tea Party movement harnessed opposition to Obama's economic and social reform policies to help Republicans gain a large majority in Congress by 2014.

The 2016 election, in which Donald Trump defeated Hillary Clinton, left Republicans in control of the White House, Senate, House of Representatives and a majority of state governorships. Democrats gained control of the House in the 2018 midterm elections and in September 2019, a formal impeachment inquiry was launched against President Trump for allegedly attempting to involve Ukraine in the 2020 presidential election.
President Trump was impeached on December 18, 2019 on two articles abuse of power and obstruction of Congress. On February 5, 2020, they voted to acquit Trump on both charges. Trump was again impeached on January 13, 2021, for his role in the January 6, 2021 riot at the U.S. Capitol. Trump became the first president in U.S. history to be impeached twice. Trump lost his re-election bid in the 2020 election and left office on January 20, 2021.

Sources;
Political Parties in The Oxford Guide to the United States

Notes 2;
Definitions of;
a) Swelve; Webster's 1913 Dictionary; Swel�???�??�?�´ve;
v. t.1. (verb) to swallow.
b) Valve; (noun): (1) any device for halting or controlling the flow of a liquid, gas, or other material through a passage, pipe, inlet, outlet, etc.
Added Note for b) As used in this poem to regulate the money flow.
c) Ourselves; (verb) refers to my wife and I.
d) Fraught; (noun) characterized by or causing tension or stress:
e) Bristling; (verb) past tense;�???�??�?� to rise up as in fear,
(verb); be in a state of movement or action
f) Glistening; (noun) a glistening; sparkle.
g) Witnessing; (1) (verb) (used with object) to see, hear, or know by personal presence and perception:to witness an accident.
(2) (verb); to be present at (an occurrence) as a formal witness, spectator, bystander, etc.:She witnessed our wedding.
e) via; (preposition): by a route that touches or passes through; by way of: fly to Japan via the North Pole.

Additional Collage Information;
The first practical TV sets were demonstrated and sold to the public at the 1939 World's Fair in New York. The sets were very expensive and New York City had the only broadcast station. When World War II started, all commercial production of television equipment was banned.

Useful Link's;
1. http://metrocosm.com/us-presidential-elections/
2. https://www.history.com/topics/us-presidents/andrew-jackson
3. https://www.history.com/topics/us-politics/republican-party
4. livinghistoryfarm.org�???�??�?� life_27
Rural America Turns On to TV in the 1940s

     

© Copyright 2024. QC Poet All rights reserved.
QC Poet has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement