FanStory.com - Weekend Getawayby IKinnie
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A mother and son conversation before both leave for a trip.
Weekend Getaway by IKinnie
Dialogue Only Writing Contest contest entry

Oh my God, Danny, you scared me. What are you doing here?
Sorry, mom. I just stopped by on my way out to get dad's golf clubs.
Out? Where are you going? I thought you would be at work. Anyway, your father is gone to work.
Well, doctors do get days off, and I'm going away this weekend to see Ca . . ."
Going to see who?
A friend.
I see. So when are we going to meet this 'said' friend, after all, you have been seeing her for some time.
Where are you going? This suitcase looks heavy are you leaving the country?
Don't try to change the subject. I know you are seeing Cassady Bluebell.
Mom, please don't start. This isn't 1870, and this family feud that has been going on for generations is stupid. Can we please turn the page?
Oh please, Daniel. There is no turning the page with a Bluebell. It's like having a pet shark. You never know when you are going to be dinner. They just can't be trusted. I'm sure, Cassady is not dating you for good looks. She doesn't need money, so there's something else she's after.
Okay, mom. Who are you going away with? Ms. Belle--
No! Belle is not my only friend. Anyway, I'm going away with Leigh. The Aunt you never call.
Alright. Noted. I will call Aunt Leigh. Tell her I said hello.
I'm so glad you showed up dear. That suitcase is heavy. Oh, I won't be taking the Bentley, that's why the Navigator is out front.
Right. Who is going to lift this out of the car?
That's why God invented Bellhops.
Bye mom. Have a nice weekend.
You too, have fun.

Author Notes
This is an excerpt from a book I'm writing

     

© Copyright 2024. IKinnie All rights reserved.
IKinnie has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement