FanStory.com - Silencedby DragonSkulls
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Short Story Contest Entry
Silenced by DragonSkulls
Short Story writing prompt entry


















November's Beaver moon hung low in the night sky. The assassin waited in the shadows of the trees that outlined the yard of the secluded house owned by Congresswoman Adele Monahan. She was causing major problems with some very important people who were willing to pay a hefty price to have her silenced. Brad Ivanov had no care for politics nor reasons. His job paid him well.

When Adele's car pulled up in her snow-covered driveway, he trained his scope on her living room window. As she entered the front door, he wondered to himself why this high-profile woman had such little security. Surely, she must know her life would be in danger.

She walked through her living room and into her kitchen where he didn't have a clear shot. Three minutes later she came back into the living room and opened up the drapes to marvel at the beauty of the full moon. She was dead in his sights. He drew a deep breath and exhaled slowly. Just before he pulled the trigger, he heard rustling in the snow around him. That's when he realized that she was far more intelligent than he had anticipated. Who knew she could train a pack of wild ninja beavers?

Moments later, Congresswoman Adele Monahan heard a wailing scream in the night. She smiled, then poured herself a hot cup of tea and started preparing a fresh batch of beaver treats.




 


Writing Prompt
Short Story (Beg/Mid/end) (Create your own title) (250 words max)
beginning with the sentence::

November's Beaver moon hung low in the night sky.


Author Notes
I created this silly picture myself.

Thanks for reading.

     

© Copyright 2024. DragonSkulls All rights reserved.
DragonSkulls has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement