FanStory.com - thanksgiving dinner 1990 Korea by jake cosmos aller
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
a memorable thanksgiving dinner in South Korea
thanksgiving dinner 1990 Korea by jake cosmos aller
first botched holiday dinners writing prompt entry

In 1990 I was teaching at Kyunghee University in South Korea. I invited my co-worker, a fellow American over to the house for Thanksgiving dinner. We also invited a few Korean friends. My wife, being in the Army, could get the turkey and all the trimmings. My friend said that he would help cook. Turns out that he did not know how to cook a turkey, and this was only the third time that my wife had tried to cook a turkey. We did our best and it came out well. We made the mistake of cooking the giblet inside the turkey. we took it out and served it separately telling out guests that it was "stamina food" which is English for aphrodisiac foods, for some reason Koreans are really into that. I turned around for a moment and discovered that they had eaten up the giblet and said it was great!




.


Writing Prompt
What went wrong the first time you cooked the holiday dinner for your family? Looking for non-fiction. I'm sure we all have some real humdingers. Just have fun with it.

Author Notes
Korean men really love their "stamina foods".

     

© Copyright 2024. jake cosmos aller All rights reserved.
jake cosmos aller has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement