General Fiction posted October 13, 2020


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
woo-ha-ha

Boo!

by pome lover

The Pumpkin Contest Winner 

“Hey, you can’t give a pumpkin one triangle eye and one square one,” whined Joey.

“Why not?” answered big sister, Annie. “I want to make my pumpkin different from everybody else’s.”

“I thought it was our pumpkin, and I want it to have regular eyes that are alike.”

Annie finished with the pumpkin’s eyes and started carving a tiny circle for the nose.

Joey watched and frowned and his mouth began to turn down. “Well, is he gonna at least have a zig-zaggy mouth? I like zig-zaggy mouths.”

Finishing the nose, Annie turned and looked at her brother, and started carving. When she finished, Mr. Pumpkin had a turned-down-sour-puss mouth.

“That’s the awfullest pumpkin in the world,” Joey fussed.

Annie laughed. “Well, guess whose mouth I copied?”

Joey pouted for a minute then he laughed out loud. “I know! …I’ll be back in a minute.” He got up and ran out of the room.

While he was gone, Annie changed the eyes, making them big and round, and the mouth open in a sort of sneer. When Joey came back, he opened up his fist. “Look at these, Annie!”

 “Perfect!” Annie said. She and Joey giggled and chortled as they placed yukky, wiggly, rubber worms dangling out of eyes and mouth.

“Needs more holes,” Joey said.

Annie cut more holes. Then they stood back and looked at their creation.

“What do ya think?” Annie said.

“THAT IS REALLY GROSS!” said Joey. "I’m hungry.”
 



Writing Prompt
Write an entertaining childrens' story entitled 'The Pumpkin'-(300 words- pumpkin can be real or metaphorical. You decide. Have fun with it!

The Pumpkin
Contest Winner
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. pome lover All rights reserved.
pome lover has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.