General Non-Fiction posted September 26, 2020


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Four seasons contest entry

Fall Foliage and Festivities

by dovemarie


Autumn is my favorite season. Why? With the late-summer early-fall changes combining and blending together, I feel both the warmth of summer's last days giving way to crisp, brisk chilly air. New England foliage is beautiful; breathtaking colors of gold, red, brown, russet mixed together. I can always do my work at the ice cream stand and grill where I work outdoors cleaning tables better as the season changes from blazing heat to cool, yet sunny days.

Autumn is a time of beginnings. I've started my college courses again, two of them on "zoom." They are Italian I and a legal course, Wills, Trusts and Estates. Harvest time approaches with a full, golden moon hovering over the cornfields. Festive holidays of Halloween followed by Thanksgiving are full of excitement, preparation and cheer. The little children dressing up in their costumes brings my mind back to the days when I dressed up as a witch or a gypsy or a princess. Turkey and stuffing with fresh mashed potatoes, baby carrots, cranberry sauce, corn and gravy make my mouth water. The radio plays flashbacks of golden oldies such as "September Morn" by Neil Diamond and "See you in September" by The Happenings.

Brown and green land covered with carpeting of fall foliage, blossoms falling from the flowers to cover my front yard. Autumn is full of color, wonder, and change.





The Four Seasons writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Consider the four seasons: Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall/Autumn. Pick one season and write about why it is your favorite in 500 words or less.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by seshadri_sreenivasan at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. dovemarie All rights reserved.
dovemarie has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.