General Fiction posted September 17, 2020


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
a one hundred word story

The Hit

by Bill Schott



Sitting on the park bench, Aaron watched the lone street light flicker on across the field.

Beneath the light, leaning against the post, he saw the assassin.

He knew the organization would send someone now that the probe had pierced inside the syndicate.

Aaron's wife looked over at him and smiled. She knew he had been anxious about the government investigation and had wished there would be a quick end to it for him.

Aaron made eye contact with her. He tried to convey, in that look, all of his adoration, respect, and forgiveness. She smiled back -- and fired.

 



100 Word Dash writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Take flash fiction to the extreme. Can you tell a complete story in just 100 words. If so, this is your opportunity to shine. The story can be about any subject you wish, creative approaches are of course encouraged. All stories must have the following: Main Character, Setting, Conflict, Resolution.

Recognized


Thanks to Rox Ciobanica for use of the image.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by Rox Ciobanica at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.