General Script posted August 30, 2020 Chapters: 1 -2- 3... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
when the love of your life

A chapter in the book Kaleidoscope

The Lake

by Iza Deleanu


CAST OF CHARACTERS:
Linda a widow in love with Twin Lakes
Angel her deseased husband
God Almighty (He will come in part 2)
Hope (she will appear in part 2)

LINDA WAS SITTING AT THE SHORE OF TWIN LAKEs


Birds are singing in the background. The water looks inviting. Linda dreamily looks at the water and decides to sit on edge of the deck and let her feet dangle in the cold water. The sun was playing hide and seek with the trees. Linda closed her eyes and started saying a little prayer. "Thank you Lord for this beautiful day..."


ANGEL COMES AT THE DECK AND PUTS HIS HAND ON LINDA'S EYES GENTLY SAYING:

Knock! Knock! Who is there?

LINDA SMILING SAYS:

My Angel? Thank you, Jesus!

ANGEL JUMPS IN THE WATER AND SPLASHES LINDA. GIGGLING SHE STANDS UP SCREAMING:

Angel, stop it! The water is so cold! You are going to catch pneumonia.

ANGEL IS GOING FOR A SWIM, AND LINDA GOES BACK TO THE DECK AND TAKES A BEACH TOWEL AND GOES CLOSE TO THE SHORE AND WAITS FOR ANGEL.
ANGEL COMES BACK TO THE SHORE. LINDA GIVES HIM THE TOWEL AND SAYS:

You know, Angel, I wish to stay here forever. I don't feel like going back to that empty house. Do you remember how we met?

ANGEL TAKES HER HAND AND SMILING HELPS HER TO SIT DOWN ON THE BENCH IN FRONT OF THE SUMMER CABIN

Yes, I remember. I was camping with some friends and you were staying in our cabin with your parents. I don't know who you were trying to impress, but you almost drowned that day.

LINDA SHAKES HER HEAD:

No Angel, I was trying to get your attention. Did it work?

ANGEL LOOKING MESMERIZED INTO HER EYES:

Yes, my love it worked. I jumped and saved you, and then we become friends, and later on husband and wife. That jump was the best decision of my life. I am so happy I was here to save you.

LINDA LOOKS INTO HIS EYES:

Yeah, Mr. Macho, oops I meant my Knight in shining armor. I can't believe it's been twenty years. We survived so many storms, and yet this lake is magic. Every time I am sad, I came here to restore my energy and will to life. Today it's our anniversary... and you are not here.

ANGEL DISAPPEARS, LETTING LINDA WATCH THE LAKE

Why, God, why did you take him? My days are empty without him. I tried to volunteer, but my heart is not there. I know it's been a year since the accident, but all seems so blurry. He was a good swimmer; I don't understand how he drowned.

SHE STANDS AND GOES BACK TO THE LAKE AND STARTS WALKING

Oh, God I know, the Lake took him, but I can't be mad with your beautiful creation after all this is how I met my Angel. I guess this is my faith, to continue to live and pray for a better day. I know the lake calls me, but drowning myself it's not part of your, plan, God, is it?

TO BE CONTINUED



Write A Script contest entry


It's my first time trying to write a script, so please help me improve it.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.