General Non-Fiction posted August 27, 2020


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
My first look.

Blue Heaven

by Sally Law


Most of you know I'm crazy for astronomy. It has become worse... this love of the heavens, as my eyesight has been in decline.

This month, I received a telescope for my 65th birthday, and for the first time, I was able to see the moon up close with a high-powered lens. Honestly, I wasn't expecting to see it so well. My left eye couldn't see it at all, but my right eye focused on it for a few seconds.

I took this photo with the help of my husband, the giver of this extraordinary gift. To me, a view of the second level of heaven and a sky so blue, it took my breath away. I thought I'd share this wonderful gift with you all tonight.

We need something worthy to gaze upon these days, don't we?

When I look at the heavens, I am reminded of how big God is, and that His love is greater than these stellar creations. My problems seem so small in the moonlight.

Nehemiah 9:6 ~ Thou, even thou, art LORD alone; thou hast made heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their host, the earth, and all things that are therein, the seas, and all that is therein, and thou preservest them all; and the host of heaven worshippeth thee.

From my amateur astronomy lab here in Orlando, this is Sally....



Recognized

#222
2020


Photo my own.

https://youtu.be
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Sally Law All rights reserved.
Sally Law has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.