Humor Flash Fiction posted August 6, 2020 Chapters:  ...5 6 -7- 8... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Campus in disarray after student causes unexpected explosion

A chapter in the book Psych Out News

University Explosion Turns Stud

by Mia Twysted




Background
A collection of funny, outrageous, and at times impossible events in our history that may or may not have made the news.
Junior chemist ignites an explosion that discolored fellow students skin and left them in an altered state of consciousness.
 
Working on a new experimental compound Tuesday afternoon Chi Chao, 19, combined several chemicals that fused together creating an explosive mixture. Students both on campus and in the Science Hall Building of "We Take Anyone City College" were shocked and dismayed by the blast.
 
The eruption sent three people to the hospital suffering from aspiration pneumonia, left 17 coated in a green slimy layer dyeing their skin, and over two dozen more reported having experienced severe and vivid hallucinations lasting from five to seven hours.
 
"It was as if everyone Hulked out all the sudden," said Physical Education major Max Whistle, 22, "All these green smile like beings came tumbling out. I thought this is it, first contact, and I was ready to make history."
 
Chao, who is working toward a double Masters in Biochemistry and theoretical chemistry, said, "It's all trial and error till you get it right." The eager sophomore was attempting to create a new inhalant to maximize his high before a test. He also stated, "I came to college to further my education, and today I learned a lesson about what chemicals not to mix."
 
Nicole Fiey, 47, head of the Chemistry Department, said she "would like to think it was Choa's thirst for knowledge that led to this unfortunate accident." She said, "Chao has a good head on his shoulders," and she hopes that he will "take fewer bong hits before class in the future."
 
Dean Benjamin J. Ellison, 59, said, "It's an unfortunate accident, but a classroom is a place for such mistakes." Dean Ellison also wants to "ensure the public new protocols are being put in place to avoid a mishap like this in the future."
 
53-year-old Kay W. Clawson, Human Resources, believes this may "spur other students' interest in science." She claims, "students from various majors are interested in the final result of Chao's experiment."   She says, "this could be the event that makes future scientists or future weed smokers or if we're lucky both."
 
As to the chemicals Chao used in his experience, he and the school are both reluctant to share for future patent reasons.
 
Luckily, all those injured or affected by the event are expected to make a full recovery.
 
Campus police asked that students vacate the area around the Science Hall Building this Saturday for 36 hours so the area may be tented and fumigated before classes resume on Monday.


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mia Twysted All rights reserved.
Mia Twysted has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.