Humor Flash Fiction posted July 22, 2020


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
a bottle story

Anthrax

by Iza Deleanu


Strolling along the beach, I saw it glinting in the sun, a bottle with a message inside. I said to myself: "I wonder what's inside. I can see a piece of yellow paper, and I wonder what it says...

- Come closer, whispered the bottle.

- What the heck, a talking bottle?

- No, a Jinny bottle.

- Yeah, and I am Aladdin!

- Yes, you are! I can make your wish come true. Psst, I have a message for you. Wanna read it?

- No, thank you. My mom told me not to open bottles without reading the instructions first.

- Come on, open me! I will grant you a wish!

- Hey, you are not my golden fish. He already gave me three beautiful wishes.

- He did? The bastard!

- Wait, I know why you are here.

- You do?

- Yup. I wished for something unique and ancient. But I never thought that he will actually waste my wish on you, a bottle with a message inside. At least if you had some rum or Porto, that would be something, but a letter? Not really interested.

- Come on, boy. Just open the damn bottle; I need to know what they hide inside me.

- Fine, but let me put my gloves on; I don't want to contract something.

- Gloves? Are you serious?

Finally, I picked up the bottle, took the piece of paper out and read: Got you sucker, I have ANTHRAX!

- Me, Gloves!


 



Message in a bottle writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story, Flash Fiction 250 words, beginning : 'Strolling along the beach, I saw it glinting in the sun, a bottle with a message inside.' Continue the story. Write a title.

Recognized
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.