Commentary and Philosophy Poetry posted July 16, 2020


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Grace is the color of life!

Grace Hangs Between

by Frank Jauregui

Somewhere between, the bluest blue, and greenest green
A young man was found hanging
From a tree limb, gnarled, and grey, much as his life must have become
Breathless, lifeless, dangling he hung
Above the heads of those who came to look upon him.
 
Some focused on the tragedy, the agony of a violet face
The tortured marks of a desperate self-denial
Of the three things truly needed in this world
Breath, Love, and Grace from God.
 
Others thought that he, much like his shoes
Tightly wound and neatly knotted - Brand new, hardly used
Were never meant to trod the earth
But merely to display the more hurtful side of life
The shades of grey that hang between
The bluest blue and greenest green.
 
Finally, there were those, hardly a few - some like me, others like you
Who merely bowed their heads, inhaling deeply
And when their own shoes came to view
A telling sigh betrayed their silent cry
There, but for the grace of God go I.



Choose a Color writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Mention a COLOR (any color) in a POEM of any type, any topic, of up to 20 lines. You may also use variations of that SAME color within your poem (e.g. red, crimson, ruby, magenta etc.)


My mother in-law was on her way to hang herself when she was young and pregnant with my now wife of 37 years. However, one of her relatives stopped her from following through with her plans of suicide, only to hang himself several years later. I often wonder what happened to that man that caused him to be so dramatically changed from the mindset of life to death? Over the years I have come to believe that it is the self-denial of God's grace that draws people to commit suicide, Many people never come to realize the redemptive power of God's Grace in their lives. (Ephesians 2:8-9) says, " For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast." Nowhere is that power more clearly displayed than in God's plan of salvation. It is the Gift of God but sadly, too many people deny themselves that gift and destroy their lives by doing so. Grace hangs between the bluest blue of Heaven and the greenest green of earth, it is the bridge between the finality of the physical and the infinity of the spiritual but some choose to never cross that freely given bridge of Grace by receiving the free gift of salvation offered to us by our God through the sacrifice of his beloved son our Lord and savior Jesus Christ. If you are struggling with thoughts of suicide please talk to someone, a family member, a friend or religious leader; the National Suicide Hotline is 1-800-273-8255.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Frank Jauregui All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Frank Jauregui has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.