General Poetry posted July 10, 2020


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
I owe my life to Him.

Thank You Lord Jesus

by Frank Jauregui

Thank you, Lord Jesus, you are worthy of praise
I give thanks my Lord Jesus for this dead man you've raised.
Thank you, Lord Jesus, words seem simple and few
But I thank you Lord Jesus for what else can I do?

Could I move the great mountain; could I silence the storm?
No, but thank you Lord Jesus for through trials I've learned
That it's you by your Spirit, that holds my every breath
Yes, it's you by your Spirit, that keeps my soul from death
And it's by that same Spirit that I'll someday arise
And I'll offer thanksgiving before your loving eyes.

Oh, I'll thank you, Lord Jesus, for you're worthy of praise
Yes, I'll thank you Lord Jesus for this dead man you've raised!



Gratitude expressed in a poem writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Poem, any style, expressing gratitude for one who made a difference in your life.


This poem of thanksgiving was inspired in part by (Romans 9:11), "But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you." God gave me a new life and I'm eternally grateful for the grace and mercy he bestowed upon me by the love of his beloved Son, my Lord, and Savior Jesus Christ. I look forward to the day when I will stand before him and offer thanks and praise in his very presence.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Frank Jauregui All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Frank Jauregui has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.