General Fiction posted July 4, 2020


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Ghost Story

Begins a New Life

by Wils


 

I sat there, petrified. Just the thought of being here freaked me out.

I had heard a lot about this place but never thought I’d become part of it. Like many of the locals, I knew the history. It had been built over one hundred years ago; by the people who would later haunt the halls, whispering memories of their misgivings to any innocent ear that cared to listen.

It had been dark when I arrived. Dark enough, at least, for me to see them. They were everywhere. As I climbed the rickety stairwell, I could see them below. They were seated at the dinner table enjoying the meal of the day, joining in the bustling conversation, socialising with the mob.

Their voices reverberated through my mind. Starting like a soft breeze and ending up sounding like a howling gale, they had tales to tell. All of them. All at once. Their constant sound was maddening!!

I smile at the memory as new blood is delivered to me and the bars are slammed shut on his old life. He is left alone with his thoughts and I can’t help feeling a twinge of familiarity. I wonder how long it will take before I scare him completely.

Welcome to prison my friend. "BOO!!"






 

 


 

 

 


 


 

 

 

 

 

 




Ghost Story writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a Ghost Story. No limit on the word count. No poetry.


This story is based on Fremantle Prison in Western Australia. Built over 100 years ago the prison is rumoured to be haunted. Fremantle Prison closed down in 1991
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Wils All rights reserved.
Wils has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.