General Science Fiction posted July 4, 2020 Chapters:  ...79 80 -81- 82... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
a biography

A chapter in the book Aiona's Poems

Diana Moon Glampers

by Aiona


Realizing she could never be as smart, beautiful, and graceful as others, Diana resolved to always make sure others would be as dumb, ugly, and clumsy as she was. Unfortunately nature and science do not care about hurt feelings. So when her chemotherapy treatments were being performed by doctors and nurses who matriculated based on pity, her irrational envy finally killed her. Did she appreciate the irony? Unfortunately not, because she was too stupid.



75 Words Flash Fiction contest entry


When people continue to base policies and decisions on feelings rather than science, evolution and/or God passes judgment. Thank you to Kurt Vonnegut for giving the world his short story "Harrison Bergeron" from Welcome to the Monkey House. I prefer happy endings, but it was a good story.

Thank you to tali15 for letting FanStory authors use this picture "Venetian Green."
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by tali15 at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Aiona All rights reserved.
Aiona has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.