Family Non-Fiction posted July 1, 2020


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Kids raised on beach are different

Beach babies

by GWHARGIS

My three youngest children were born here on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. They are different from my oldest who spent his first 12 years in Richmond, Virginia.

They are drawn to the water. Love the feel of salt and sand on their skin. Enjoy the cold water of the hose as I try to wash off as much sand and seaweed off before they go traipsing through the house.

We have evacuated for one hurricane in 25 years. My children don't panic at the thought of 100 plus mile an hour winds. It's part of this life. The good, bad and ugly of life here on the Outer Banks.

They were born with a love of our beach and I don't see that ever changing.

My husband and I have talked about moving away. Maybe to an area where life is a little less expensive and a little less hard work. Then we will see the kids climbing out of the car with towels, wet hair and full of the love of the sea, and postpone that move one more time.




Just a musing.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. GWHARGIS All rights reserved.
GWHARGIS has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.