Letters and Diary Fiction posted July 1, 2020 Chapters:  ...48 49 -50- 51... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Day 50

A chapter in the book The Corona saga

In search of Heaven

by Iza Deleanu




Background
I decided to document how this virus is affecting my sanity. So feel free to join me in this experience, I hope the reading will become funnier, than what I posted so far. Thank you for reading
4th of May, 2020
Day 50

I finally found it! Ladies and Gentlemen allow me to introduce you to my piece of heaven. I am like a squirrel. I am trying to get my nuts for the winter, aka my natural reserve of vitamin D. I know we are in isolation and we supposed to stay inside, but I am in Canada, so as long as I am practicing safe distancing, I can run outside from time to time. So after walking in circles for days, I finally found an unclaimed sunny spot and decided to enjoy my piece of happy and quiet, outside Coronella's madness.

Finally a thick layer of green velvet is covering the ground. Have you ever done a Snow Angel ... in the grass? MMM it's so awesome, and the smell of the grass is so inviting! Lying on my back and letting the sun caress my face, this it's a real blessing.

Now, at last I can think clear. I miss my family and I really miss my Dad. Probably if he was still around we will have a good laugh about the Coronella hysteria. A thought keeps coming back to me: what if I will never be able to go back home? What if this border closure will become a permanent concept?

"Oh, man, can I ever be happy with what I have? Nope! Rule number one: happiness is for fools, smart people jump to the next worrying game. How long can you stay in that state of bliss and dolce far niente? I glance at my watch: yup, less than one minute! Quite impressive! Now, look at me how I am ignoring the sun, and jumping on my favor thing, the negative thinking, the doubt... I am so tired of locking myself in doubt and ignoring that God gave us happiness. Yup, if my faith will be just like the smallest grain of sand... No! I can't have that. I will see my mom and sister. God knows how much I need this! I start praying: "Our father..."

Then my good Angel whispered: "Don't you worry, trust God, and everything will be fine."

Yes, this is my piece of heaven. Coronella I am back, guess who is going to have a heart attack? Yup, it's you! You got it right!




I am using Coronella instead of Corona, I think is sound funnier:)
For my readers and reviewers, please forgive me for my bad English, since is my third language, I am using this cheap excuse to ask for your help in correcting the grammar and the other mistakes. I have misspelled some words intentionally for the comic effect
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.