Letters and Diary Fiction posted June 23, 2020 Chapters:  ...45 46 -47- 48... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Day 46

A chapter in the book The Corona saga

Say what?

by Iza Deleanu




Background
I decided to document how this virus is affecting my sanity. So feel free to join me in this experience, I hope the reading will become funnier, than what I posted so far. Thank you for reading.
May 1st, 2020
Day 46


- Listen up kitty. Coronella, infected more than 3.2 million people around the world. Say what? Hey, kitty, look what the Italian minister of Transportation is saying: "Keep social distancing in the public transportation of at least one meter between each person."
Mmm, just imagine a two meter bus with two people inside. The driver and the passenger, what a soap opera!

- Meow, Meow!

- Yup, baby you are right. They've got to drop out of using the public transport up to 85%. Just imagine the dilemma, do you want to queue in the middle of the street waiting for the bus, or just stay inside your house?

- Meow, Meow!

- You are right! House it is. You know, if I have to walk from work everyday, I will be just in time for bed. They want you to be green, but they forget to put in the sidewalks. And you know what is the worst part? Once May hits the town, the official construction season jumps in at full speed, so you need to watch in what you are stepping...

- Meow, Meow!

- Yes, you are right! You know what? Thanks to Cornella, yesterday I finally did it! I walked home for the first time. I did enjoy the walk, and I can say that I saw the city with different eyes. I actually like Edmonton; it's a pretty and green city. Thank God that, after so much snow, it's finally May and Spring is here. Coronella or not, life goes on, and we must be grateful for what we have.

- Meow, Meow!

-Yup, that's right kitty. Oh, wait, you are just hungry, you don't care about my small talk: so English of you.




In Romanian when you are asking somebody how do they feel, they have a whole story to tell. In the English speaking countries, if somebody ask you - how you are - you should say just fine and move on, because nobody cares anyway.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.