Commentary and Philosophy Poetry posted June 17, 2020 Chapters:  ...58 59 -60- 61... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A Time Freeze - Free Verse Submission

A chapter in the book The Two of Me

A Time Freeze Reflection

by QC Poet

A Moral revelation came to me while we were frozen in a Minute of Time!
I revisited our Past to see if it could Reveal a way to a better Future,
I found that Civilization's back to the Naabeehó were related to mine,
Developing and changing until they were fully Mature.

It happened as I tiredly lounged and into a dream I dropped.
Transending to a different Time Zone then suddenly awake I plopped!
Though knowing I was there I did not realize if Time had ever stopped,
A bazaar trip into an earlier history is where I suddenly popped!

The Social Injustices encountered today were prevalent there,
Visible Looting of Lands, Dignity, and Killing of Native Americans were harder to bare!
"Black Gold" is but One of Earth's newer commodities the Greedy won't share,
New generation's of "Soldiers" are still sent for its protection it doesn't matter where!

Does our Mortality Clock tick quietly or does it ring as a loud chime?
Time's hands of Justice don't seem to move any faster than the slowest mime!
When a less than lethal force does not yet seem worth my thin dime?
Death's hands remain unjustly free and claiming  many Lives as the years climb!

I now realize why my ancestors once said "To live is to Sleep and to Die is to Awake".
For Man's chasing after newer false "Gold" is a very hard habit to break!
Hoarding of "materials" of this World while our Spirit's Time we Forsake!
Man's real Treasure is what we do here on Earth not those things after death we can't take.  

 





A Time Freeze Reflection
By; Chochee Medina
(A.K.A) George Martinez, QC Poet
A Time Freeze Reflection Free Verse Submission

Notes:
Time Freeze: Imagine wherever you are right now that time stops and everything in the world is frozen in place except you.
No deadline

Definitions;
Belief :(noun) plural,(noun): beliefs
1. An acceptance that a statement is true or that something exists.
"his belief in the value of hard work"
2. Something one accepts as true or real; a firmly held opinion or conviction.
"we're prepared to fight for our beliefs"

Religion:(noun)
1. A set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.
2. A specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects:the Christian religion; the Buddhist religion.
3. The body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices:a world council of religions.
4. The life or state of a monk, nun, etc.:to enter religion.
5. The practice of religious beliefs; ritual observance of faith.
6. Something One Believes In and Follows Devotedly; A Point or Matter of Ethics or Conscience,
:to make a religion of fighting prejudice.

Scriptures and Links;

1 John 1:9 KJV
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
https://bible.com/bible/1/1jn.1.9.KJV

Helpful related links;

http://www.houstonculture.org/mexico/aztecs.html

https://www.history.com/news/californias-little-known-genocide

https://www.history.com/topics/native-american-history/native-american-cultures

Club entry for the "Time Freeze" event in "The Fabulous Free Versers Club".  Locate a writing club.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. QC Poet All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
QC Poet has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.