General Poetry posted June 15, 2020


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
5/7/5 for contest

Beating Heart Quivers

by Gypsy Blue Rose


beating heart quivers

on my hand gently and fast —

small painted bunting


 



Bye Bye Blackbird writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a 5-7-5 about any kind of real bird species.


a 5/7/5 is a poem similar to haiku but the only rule is the syllable count and format.

Without a doubt, one of the most beautiful and colorful birds is the Painted Bunting. Look for this small multi-colored finch at your bird feeder and around the edges of dense brush and thick woodlands.
Painted Buntings nest and breed here from the middle of April through September. Some may stay throughout the winter but most of our birds go south to Florida and to the northwest Caribbean islands. These birds are part of the eastern population that occurs along the Atlantic coast from North Carolina to Florida. A second western population breeds in northern Mexico to northern Texas and winters in south-west Mexico.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Gypsy Blue Rose All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Gypsy Blue Rose has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.