General Fiction posted June 11, 2020


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
a 150-word story

From Here to Eternity

by Bill Schott


Neither Enrique nor I could believe the results of the election.  Just eight short years ago we had a tough start to the millennium, but it got better as time went on.

Surviving Y2K was the first big hurdle. I thought all technology would fail when we moved from 1999 to 2000; it didn't. I still owe Miguel from a bet about that. Within two years, the events of 9-11 set off the war on terror. I hope it will end soon.

We replaced Pluto with the iPhone last year, so that was a fair trade off. By next year they will likely be replaced by a book and in-person visits with friends.

We have obviously turned a corner with the election of Barrack Obama tonight. It will be smooth sailing for Enrique, Miguel, and me from here to eternity. The United States is the greatest country in the world.


 



Tale from the 3rd Millennium writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a fictitious story (150words) that portrays the world as we know it since 2000 so future generations get a sense of these times. The topic can be anything. Provide a title.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.