Commentary and Philosophy Fiction posted June 10, 2020 Chapters:  ...20 21 -22- 23... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A rabbit hole, to defining wealth that comes at a price.

A chapter in the book Blended Reality

What Taxes?

by JLR


All the warnings began months before January 1, 2000. From deep in the halls of congress, everyone was secreting the news of the new "Utopia" that was simply going to transform the American landscape, from every domicile, state by state.

The telltale, all-encompassing word, was transformation.

It began with those with the least of material possessions and ended with the news trending one-percenters. Everyone provided a specific date to come into the transformation office...to be reassigned.

At the stroke of 1 PM on June 1, 2000, the process of transferring
all material possessions took place. The transfer was complete before the day was out.

Slowly, household by household, those with the least moved lock, stock, and barrel into the utopia of those who had "it all."

They traded economic places.

With wealth now transformed, however, the outcry was deafening from those who had gotten new material possessions.

"What taxes?"

150 words



Tale from the 3rd Millennium writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a fictitious story (150words) that portrays the world as we know it since 2000 so future generations get a sense of these times. The topic can be anything. Provide a title.


Tale from the 3rd Millennium
Write a fictitious story (150words) that portrays the world as we know it since 2000 so future generations get a sense of these times. The topic can be anything. Provide a title.

Thanks for the use of money from google
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. JLR All rights reserved.
JLR has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.