Spiritual Non-Fiction posted June 8, 2020


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Telling God what's on my mind.

Dear God, It's Me Again

by BethShelby


Dear God,
It’s me again. I know we talked earlier, but I was in a hurry, and I don’t think I gave you a chance to respond. I’m sorry about that. I hope you’ll forgive me. I really am so glad you keep listening in spite of me letting you down. Please, don’t give up on me.

Anyway, I’ve got something else on my mind that’s kind of got me down. You know my friend, the one I’ve been talking to you about lately, I talked to her on the phone this morning, and I think things may be worse with her than I thought. She has been in bed over two weeks now. I’m glad you took care of her heart problem, but the doctors are telling her it’s going to be at least a month before the bacteria is cleared up. She was fine until all this happened, but now, she can’t even get out of bed without two people helping her. Also, laying up in that rehab all day without being able to see a soul except the staff with their masks on, she is getting depressed, and I’m afraid she is going to give up.

She told me this morning, the tests showed a spot on her ovary, and a year ago, she found a lump in her breast. She hasn’t told anyone but me. She said after her daughter got so sick with chemo, that she’s not going to have anything done about her problems at all. She says she has made her peace with you, and if it is her time to go, she is ready. I hope it isn’t her time, Lord. Only you know that, but if you’re not ready for her yet, please let her know. I’m afraid if she gives up, it will make it happen. I know she knows you’re there with her, but it’s easy for us humans to get discouraged, so please, don’t let that happen to her.

Something else Lord, I know you know what a mess this world you gave us is in. With the virus and riots and all the bad weather, everybody is getting anxious and nervous about what may happen next. To my way of thinking, I’m more concerned about the way everybody is getting crazy about political things. We used to be a united country, and if somebody we didn’t vote for got elected, we got over it, and figured maybe they couldn’t screw things up too bad in just four years. It’s not that way any more. Everybody is so divided up and sure they’ve got all the answers, and everybody else is crazy. Lord, I believe we’re more divided now than when we had the Civil War. Even families and friends that are supposed to love each other are about ready to go at each other’s throats.

Lord, there’s so many lies out there on social media that no one knows what to believe anymore. We all need some divine wisdom to understand what is true and what is fake. I hope you will work on everyone’s heart and help them stop hating people that don’t see things the way they do. I’m including myself in this. I tend to think the other side is crazy too. Help me be a little more tolerant.

I’m going to go for now, and I'll talk to you later. Maybe, I’ll let you do the talking next time.

Thank you for listening,
Your Humble Child

 



Dear God, writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a letter to God expressing your most pressing concerns and/or questions believing with all your heart and soul, that He will receive, read and answer you. Your letter does not necessarily have to be be a request. Just a sincere heart to heart will do.

Prose only.

Recognized


647 w.count
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. BethShelby All rights reserved.
BethShelby has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.