Biographical Non-Fiction posted June 4, 2020


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
my kitty

Guardian Angel

by Iza Deleanu


Funny creature with emerald eyes, caring Angel and companion. I was alone, lost in this strange and cold country, lost in my complicated marriage, but then you came over and brought us peace and harmony.

I prayed for you, and you came, gentle as a summer breath. You smelled like the ocean. When I think back, I wanted a grey and fluffy kitty. When I stepped in front of your cage and took you in my arms... was love at first sight. You put your small paws around my arms and spoke into my mind: "Mommy, please take me home." You looked so funny: all whiskers and tail. We had a special connection since day one.

My building is a no-pet building. Somehow you knew you were illegal, so your meow was always like a sweet whisper. You gave your love unconditionally, and I thanked God everyday. You were a ragdoll Tuxedo: my dream for a fluffy cat came true.

We had a special connection. I remember when I was getting in a pretend fight with my hubby, you always jumped on his face to defend me. When we got the news that your Daddy got cancer, you never left my side, you made me fight and pray for his healing... and God heard us. In that moment we all understood that life is too precious to be wasted in stupid fights.

Then you got sick. At the beginning we thought is just a cold. But after a month it become worse. We took you to the vet, and we tried all the possible treatments, but they told us there is no cure. You fought for me, you lived 3 more years. Then you went as you came, quietly. I close my eyes, and you are here. Thank you, Pisa.



Beautiful Creatures writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a short essay about an animal - maximum 300 words. It can be a beloved pet or a wild animal you admire. The photo you include should be of the animal, or type of animal, you are describing.

Recognized


Pisa was a Tuxedo ragdoll beautiful cat. She lived with me and my husband for 8 beautiful years in a No-Pet Condo. She died last year from upper-respiratory complications and diabetes. She passed over the rainbow, one month after my dad, I guess he needed her too.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.