Biographical Non-Fiction posted June 3, 2020


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
My life as viewed from the middle distance

Middle Me This

by Mary Furlong


"Hey diddle diddle, we're in the middle."

That's a line from a little ditty that I wrote for us second sopranos to sing at one of our choral group's concerts. It's not just a song; it's the story of my life. I was the middle child, born in the middle of the great depression, to a middle class family of middling size. The middle has always been my metier.

Sad, you say? Not so. Taking my cue from my family status, I've always managed to be in the middle of things -- in the middle of a controversy, in the middle of a cause, in the middle of a project. It's always a bit of a mess in the middle -- a muddle as you might say. But as I'm well past middle age, I know it's too late to change.

Besides, the midst -- the middle -- of life is fine with me.



Your Life in 150 words writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write the entire story of your life in no more than 150 words. You can be experimental, creative, funny, serious, provocative, reflective, whatever style you best feel represents your life. You must write about your entire life, not just a moment of it. No poetry (too easy). No fiction (YOUR life), although metaphors are acceptable so long as they are directly interpretable to be about your life. You'll be surprised at what your life looks like in 150 words...
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mary Furlong All rights reserved.
Mary Furlong has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.