Biographical Non-Fiction posted June 3, 2020


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
In the blink of an eye!

Reflections Of My Life

by Commando

Your Life in 150 words Contest Winner 

This one's for you, Grandpa!
 

 ~Reflections Of My Life~
 
Time. . . a fast moving concept; yet, if I could catch it by the tail ... I'd hold it still.  Cold hands pull at my head. I kick and cry, then enter the fast-paced world outside. I suckle from my mother's breast and grow quickly. I become Grandpa's hero by shooting rabbits for meat on the table. I continue to grow and make footprints in the sand.

"Wow! He hit the baseball clean over the fence!" I yell. The years passed quickly, and I  marched in the shadow of Ol' Glory. Sadly, I leave a part of me on the bloody battlefields. I was fortunate to come home. I started co-authoring several novels with an awesome writer. I, as well, joined many veterans organizations.
 
Presently, I'm helping fellow Americans with no hands to feed themselves. "There but for the grace of God go I!"
 
 


Writing Prompt
Write the entire story of your life in no more than 150 words. You can be experimental, creative, funny, serious, provocative, reflective, whatever style you best feel represents your life. You must write about your entire life, not just a moment of it. No poetry (too easy). No fiction (YOUR life), although metaphors are acceptable so long as they are directly interpretable to be about your life. You'll be surprised at what your life looks like in 150 words...

Your Life in 150 words
Contest Winner

Recognized


Thanks for reading! May all your remaining days on earth be happy ones. Afterwards, God shall manage the rest. Thank you, Lilibug6 for the awesome artwork. Respectfully, Anonymous.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by Lilibug6 at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Commando All rights reserved.
Commando has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.