Humor Flash Fiction posted June 2, 2020 Chapters: 2 -3- 4... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Town in rubble. Community devastated.

A chapter in the book Psych Out News

Man Made Fire Tornado Kills Five

by Mia Twysted




Background
A collection of funny, outrageous, and at times imposable events in our history that may or may not have made the news.
Five dead and sixteen others injured when Egyptian exchange student catches tornado on fire.

Nineteen-year-old Ahmad Shamoon constructed a homegrown tornado in the backwoods of Kentucky last full moon. The teen was hoping to increase his host family's moonshine production. Billy Bob and Bethany Ann Jefferson Hunts, Owner/Operators of Liquor It Up Distributors, said, "We never thought he could create the tornado. We were more surprised than a cricket riding an electric eel to see it work."

Using nothing more than sand, glitter, a high-speed fan, and a home built electrical unit, Shamoon attempted to control the elements. Unexpected winds ignited a spark in the surrounding alcohol, which set the cyclone ablaze. "It was totally irresponsible of him to mess around with mother nature without thought to the havoc he could create," said 43-year-old, Monroe Montanta, a Safety Specialist at Strataee Industries.

Residents were taken by surprise as some eighty-hour winds demolished their homes and businesses. "It just near-missed our northern facility," said Earl Thomspon III, 74, Mixing and Blending Specialist. Who also added, "We hadn't moved that fast since the raid of '54. Nevertheless, despite the damage and chaos, we want to let our customers know we will be delivering the goods on time."

At over ten feet, the powerful tornado ripped through not only the local 'Five and Dime' but Heep Street as well. Experts say it will take the remainder of the year to rebuild.

Town businesses were not the only business affected as the tornado tore through local farmland and stock. "That twister cut through the back half of our grazing ground," said Earl "Gator" Finch Floyd, 39, owner of Gator's Meat Packing Plant. Who said, "That Betsy sure was a good cow. It's too bad we'll never get to taste that blue ribbon barbecue."

Shamoon's family is providing aid for all repairs from Eygpt. They also intend to see to the health and well-being of each family involved.

There is, however, a happy ending to the end of this disaster. Shamoon and Hunts' daughter, Bethany Ann, 17, are now engaged and plan to be wed by the end of the summer.


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mia Twysted All rights reserved.
Mia Twysted has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.