Writing Fiction posted May 18, 2020


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Waiting the return of his long-time girlfriend.

John Pushed Through the Crowd

by HarryT


John pushed through the crowd as he heard the train approaching. Butterflies fluttered and his palms grew sweaty. Susie, his steady girl since sophomore year in high school, was coming home after a year away at nursing school.

The train's headlight shined down the platform. The airbrakes hissed and the iron wheels screeched to a halt. He saw Susie though the train window. Her eyes misty, no smile. He waved, but she didn't return the wave. He recognized her red jacket, and long blonde hair as she stepped from the car. He ran up to her, ready to take her in his arms and give her a kiss. She pushed him away, tears streamed down her cheeks. She turned to a man standing behind her and said, "This is Dr. Foster, John. I met him during my internship; we fell in love. I'm pregnant. We're getting married. I'm so sorry."



Short Story(150 words) writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a short story (150 words - title not included in word count) beginning with the sentence 'John pushed through the crowd as he heard the train approaching.'
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. HarryT All rights reserved.
HarryT has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.