General Fiction posted May 18, 2020


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A story of a newborn baby

The Delivery

by Brian Taylor1


John pushed through the crowd as he heard the train approaching.
An anxious buzz coursed through his bloodstream.
An ear-to-ear grin widened his red-hued face.
There was no way he was going to miss the birth of his child.
Overcoming his germaphobia, he boarded.
Upon departure, he imagined billions of germ-filled microbes penetrating his immune system.
Two stops later, and the thought of a virus, he was out the door, up the stairs, hustling to the hospital.

With a shirt covered in sweat, he entered Massachusetts General and got on the elevator, anticipating
his life-changing event. Heading straight for the delivery room, he took a deep breath, put on a mask, and went in.

Immediately he saw his wife cradling a newborn, who bared a striking resemblance to their mailman,
who also was in the room. When locking eyes with his wife, she confessed... "Sorry John, he's not yours."




Short Story(150 words) writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a short story (150 words - title not included in word count) beginning with the sentence 'John pushed through the crowd as he heard the train approaching.'
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by Cindy Sue Truman at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Brian Taylor1 All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Brian Taylor1 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.