General Poetry posted April 19, 2020 Chapters:  ...15 16 -17- 18... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
ABC na-po-wri-mo contest entry

A chapter in the book Poetic Treasures & Dreams

Lines of Communication

by dovemarie

Bonding with my baby
Cuddling him in my arms
Direct gaze into each other's faces
Eyes glowing with love
Tragically taken away

Letters I've written
Months of no response
Not knowing where he is
Offerings of friendship and love
Adoption's seal of hiddenness and secrecy



ABC Poetry Contest contest entry


First stanza describes my first days with my son, and how they took him away at three weeks old, because I didn't have any help with transportation and lack of emotional support (I called an emergency line of a mental institution many times, at age 30, and DSS (now DCF) used my phone-calling problems and the hospitalizations I'd had ever since age 14 against me, plus having very little knowledge of child care. Second stanza describes how I've written to him via the DCF from 2006 - 2019, I learned in 2019 that he didn't want any further correspondence from me. I've been sitting in my apartment thinking about these things, plus not having my day program to attend because of the Corona virus, and not being able to work because of the virus. Writing helps.
Thank to Julia Bondarenko from Pixabay.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. dovemarie All rights reserved.
dovemarie has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.