General Fiction posted April 15, 2020


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
For some, this is all so hard to understand...

Part of the Family

by Y. M. Roger


The house was full, but Danny felt isolated. Usually, it was just him and Mom. Thomas was in graduate school. June and Lacey were in undergrad. And Dad worked.
 
But now? Everyone was here! Yet… here he sat, on the couch by himself. Because of some dumb game he didn’t understand.
 
He sighed, glancing at the TV. It was time for Mom’s shows they watched together.
 
 “Yahtzee!”
 
The shout startled him, and he whimpered.
 
“Danny?”
 
Danny raised his sad Spaniel eyes toward Lacey. She sat down and rubbed his tummy.
 
“How’s my Danny-Doggie?”
 
All was right in his world again.



100 Word Dash writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Take flash fiction to the extreme. Can you tell a complete story in just 100 words. If so, this is your opportunity to shine. The story can be about any subject you wish, creative approaches are of course encouraged. All stories must have the following: Main Character, Setting, Conflict, Resolution.

Recognized



Yahtzee is a dice game based on Poker. The object of the game is to roll certain combinations of numbers with five dice. At each turn you throw dice trying to get a good combination of numbers; different combinations give different 'scores'. The ULTIMATE 'score' is to get five of all one number รข?? that is 'Yahtzee' and EVERYONE shouts it! It is a great game for LARGE groups with a WIDE-RANGE of ages.


Image of the Yahtzee game box from Amazon.com


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Y. M. Roger All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Y. M. Roger has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.