General Fiction posted April 15, 2020


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
100 word dash

Wild Neighbours

by zanya


 
Jake opened the curtains. An unfamiliar silence reigned.

Warmer April breezes stirred the apple blossoms.

Lockdown was not as awful as he feared. He would skype a few buddies later.

Placing his cup of steaming coffee on the table, he opened his laptop.

The balance sheet was still untouched.

Newsflash, 332 more cases, overnight, from the deadly virus.

He heard a loud, scratching sound at the garden gate. Peering out, he spotted a pair of antlers. Third sighting in as many days.

Slowly a smile spread across his face, as he whispered,' New neighbours. At least not from hell.'



100 Word Dash writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Take flash fiction to the extreme. Can you tell a complete story in just 100 words. If so, this is your opportunity to shine. The story can be about any subject you wish, creative approaches are of course encouraged. All stories must have the following: Main Character, Setting, Conflict, Resolution.


Image from Google
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. zanya All rights reserved.
zanya has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.