Letters and Diary Fiction posted April 9, 2020 Chapters:  ...21 22 -23- 24... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Day 22

A chapter in the book The Corona saga

The rise of the Ventilators

by Iza Deleanu




Background
I decided to document how this virus is affecting my sanity. So feel free to join me in this experience, I hope the reading will become funnier, then what I posted so far. Thank you for reading.
Day 22
April 5, 2010

My oh my, countries are stealing supplies from each other. The piracy is back on schedule, or should I say back in business. Historically, Romania has  zero experience in this area, but miraculously managed to secure the rise of the ventilators from China.

I am hearing for the first time, that planes that are transporting medical supplies are hijacked, if they stop when they are refueling in a transit country.

In order to avoid this, Romania is not using commercial flights for this precious cargo, but two passengers lines: Tarom (the national company) and Blue Air (low cost). Nice camouflage, brother. There are 11 hours of straight flying time between Romania and China. Tarom is used to longer flights, but Blue Air is not;  they had to stop in Kazakhstan. Both were part of a ex- communist era, and again friends: me communism, tu communism.

How can you make profit on life and death matters? If you are in the possession of the AllMighty Ventilators, the Holy Masks and the Mighty gloves, you are the Master of the Universe. And... China has it all!. Wait a minute, they have it all... including Coronella! What if we are buying Ventilators and we are getting Coronators? Of, stop me now, I am going crazy!

I was watching the Romanian TV and one of the pharmaceutical companies declared that they secured the precious ventilators for all the  hospitals across the country. When the reporter asked how they secured the precious cargo, the answer was: we paid cash. The materials were initially purchased by USA that gave the Chinese just a small advance, but then Trump blame Coronella on them. Immediately the Chinese changed their mantra. If you don't kiss my Coronella ass, you're getting only my small Asian finger, Mr. President.

The Chinese probably mumbled, yup, you go wait America, we changed our minds. We need cash! Romanian it's an ex-communist country so have it brother, have it all... double- double... price. In other words, the higher bidder got it all!

If the Americans got the middle finger, I don't even wanna think what the Canadians will get! After the last year scandal with Huawei, we will get just lots of promises....empty of course!

I am a Canadian citizen now, and I care about this country too. So I started to call all my friends and ask: Hey guys, do you have ventilators? Oh, Canada I got you ventilators, you know that machine that we use in the short summers to keep us cool. I talked to my family doctor and he start telling me that my Rise of the ventilators is not going to help in fighting Coronella. When I ask him why; he started to laugh and say: your ventilators are fan-ilators, aka fans. Oh, shoot, I have not checked the picture of the medical device properly. In Romanian we call the fans ( air coolers), ventilators . Now I am stack with 100 ventilators/fanilators that are of no use to the hospitals.

Thanks God, I have not started to collect humidifiers and essential oils. Those works for a normal flu, but Corronella is more emancipated, she prefers the human to human touch therapy.

 




For my readers and reviewers, please forgive me for my bad English, since is my third language, I am using this cheap excuse to ask for your help in correcting the grammar and the other mistakes.
I decided to document how this virus is affecting my sanity. So feel free to join me in this experience, I hope the reading will become funnier, then what I posted so far. Thank you for reading and let's stay safe my friends.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.