Letters and Diary Fiction posted April 6, 2020 Chapters:  ...19 20 -21- 22... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Day 20

A chapter in the book The Corona saga

Wash them, wash them real good

by Iza Deleanu




Background
decided to document how this virus is affecting my sanity. So feel free to join me in this experience, I hope the reading will become funnier, then what I posted so far. Thank you for reading.
Day 20

April 3, 2020

I know I am going crazy, if I am starting to make fun of the wash your hands slogan. There were others before me, which were making fun about this anti-corona method of prevention. What the heck do we need a virus to teach us every year how to wash something, that should be already - elementary Watson! This year the entire planet learnt how to wash their hands. I wonder if next year the feet will get the same honor and publicity.

Everywere you turn there is a celebrity engaged in the wash your hands campaign, or how and where to sneeze, what is the best position for sneezing etc.

Now is Corona time, and washing your hands it's back on fashion. Celebrities, your governments and the mere mundane are posting clips about how to wash your hands. Really, nobody did this before? Have I lived in a nightmare, the western world had no clue how to wash the hands?

I just remember that HBO series Westworld: welcome to the Hands world, if you wanna enter here, wash them, and worship them. What the heck? What about that girl or boy that have no hands?

After I watched a couple of those clips, I suddenly felt that I was back in Romania, in communism time. As kids, we used to have in all the Romanian schools, on all the walls, pictures of how to wash... your hands, of course!

I remember every morning, our teacher would check to see if our nails were cut, she was also checking  the hands, necks, ears and even under our nails for dirt or any kind of something that was showing a bad hygiene habit. If we were not clean according to the norm, we were sent home to put ourselves in order and come back for another check-up.

I never thought about this a being abnormal, until Corona hit us! It hit me! My generation from Romania and North Korea knows how to wash les mains. But now, I see that this is not part of the school program in other parts of the globe. Did we get sick because we had dirty hands?

Another element: sneezing in your sleeve. Come on, is not polite to sneeze on your neighbor. I was taught to sneeze on my hankie, or in my sleeve. It was mandatory to have in our pockets a cotton handkerchief that we used to wash and iron and use them again.

Thank you Lady C., I finally learnt how to stay away from you and how to run from you! I wash my hands for 20 minutes with hot water, but I have a better antidote: I am drinking holy water every morning, this is my anti-virus that keeps me safe! I stocked up, I should be fine for a few months! 

By  the way, this water is not for sale. Ask you priest for it. Please stay safe and believe that soon this will be over. If we all pray across the planet, we can beat Lady C. in a second!

 




For my readers and reviewers, please forgive me for my bad English, since is my third language, I am using this cheap excuse to ask for your help in correcting the grammar and the other mistakes.
I decided to document how this virus is affecting my sanity. So feel free to join me in this experience, I hope the reading will become funnier, then what I posted so far. Thank you for reading and let's stay safe my friends.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.