General Fiction posted March 28, 2020


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Sometimes tales of the past can help the present.

Old Trixie

by davisr (Rhonda)

50 Word Story Contest Winner 
Troubled, Paul looked at his girls.

"Let me tell you about Trixie, the only babysitter my mother ever had. She rescued us from charging bulls, biting snakes, and even spraying skunks."

"Were you afraid?"

"Yes, but we survived. You will survive this crisis, too. Help often comes from unusual places."











Writing Prompt
Write a story of 50 words. not including the title. Any subject accepted. Must be exactly 50 words.

50 Word Story
Contest Winner

Recognized


These uncertain times have afforded opportunities for people to return to simpler days, and for the old to share with the young how they solved problems and enjoyed life without modern conveniences.

A special thanks to Dianatilley for her lovely artwork.

The main character is really my father and the girls, my sister and me.

Trixie was their pit bull, before pit bulls were a thing. My grandmother used to draw a circle in the dirt and tell her to keep my father inside it. Trixie would grab him by the seat of his pants and make him sit down. If he got stubborn, she would lay across him. This let her get work done in the garden.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. davisr (Rhonda) All rights reserved.
davisr (Rhonda) has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.