Fantasy Fiction posted March 27, 2020


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Where play time isn't always just soccer and hide-n-seek...

Aaaaah... A Magical Childhood

by Y. M. Roger


“Where were you?”
 
I tried keeping a straight face.
 
“Just ‘cross the street with PC.”
 
It moved inside my shirt, but I kept walking.
 
“Good. I’m glad you and the prince are getting along. They’re an odd bunch, but I knew you boys would be fine. Do they wear their crowns everywhere?”
 
I stopped short in my trek upstairs, and it wriggled some more. I was just thankful I had tucked in my shirt.
 
“Uh, yeah. Matches their robes, I guess.”  I answered her, but I didn’t turn around. “Just glad you and dad dress normal.”
 
Mom walked to the bottom of the stairs. I didn’t need to see her wings flutter with her frown and her hands on her hips because I heard them in her voice.
 
“Merlin Michael Fae.”  Yep, she full-named me. “What are you up to?”
 
“Uh, nuthin’.”
 
Ri-i-i-i-biiit!
 
Mom appeared beside me before I could say anything, reached down my shirt, and extracted the bullfrog, holding it toward me.
 
“Is this Charming, Merlin?”
 
“Yeah, it’s PC, Mom, but I can fix this!”
 
She took the frog and headed downstairs.
 
 “Mom! Where you going?”
 
“To call Princess' mom to bring her over here to fix this!”

 



200 Word Story writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story of 200 words. not including the title. Any subject accepted. Must be exactly 200 words.


Exactly 200 words according to MSWord. ;0)

Image of 'green frog with gold-colored crown' from www.pickpik.com

Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Y. M. Roger All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Y. M. Roger has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.