Horror and Thriller Fiction posted March 27, 2020


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
What if the coronavirus was but a warning?

Eve of Destruction

by Brett Matthew West


Coronavirus? Social distancing? These catchphrases were the least of your problems. Shoved up in your face, multiple warnings appeared daily on television sets and the radio. You ask me, the whole situation's been blown way out of proportion by over-zealous, misinformed, reporters. Here's the real newsflash...no matter what you did, you were still gonna die. And, soon.

How did I know this? Because I held my finger on the hot button as the eve of destruction neared. Oh, don't give me that sweet, innocent, piss and moan routine. You'd be better served to provide me the faintest glimmer of why I should spare the creatures who placed the planet in this position to begin with. Mankind's been judged and found guilty as charged. I've grown weary of waiting.

You cried the blues to somebody who didn't want to hear them. The tribunal has spoken and the two-legged species is the loser. Put in charge of everything, what hasn't the human experiment ruined? Conquering the universe became simple. Since the dawn of time, my technology's always remained superior to any weapon Earthlings developed.

Did intelligent life exist in the great unknown? Before I press this button you tell me.

3-2-1!



200 Word Story writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story of 200 words. not including the title. Any subject accepted. Must be exactly 200 words.


In The Hands Of Man-Covid-19, by seshadri-sreenivasan, selected to complement my story.

So, thanks seshadri-sreenivasan, for the use of your picture. It goes so nicely with my story.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by seshadri_sreenivasan at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Brett Matthew West All rights reserved.
Brett Matthew West has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.