Spiritual Poetry posted March 25, 2020


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A free verse poem...

Tomorrow

by Diana L Crawford

Silver Lining Contest Winner 


The arrival of the
proverbial silver lining,
after this torrential
Covid-19 rain subsides,
may not be completely visible
for many months to come.

But under God's umbrella,
love and concern
for each other is
growing as exponentially
as this deadly virus and
will certainly linger long
in the hearts and minds of us all.

We will not soon forget
how the Lord came forth
blessing our hearts
as does the Spring,
reminding us to carry 
forever forward
this abiding love
for Him, our family and friends, 
and the entire HUMAN race.

We are the world!




 


Writing Prompt
Write a poem, in any format, about life AFTER COVID 19. How will life be different? better?

Silver Lining
Contest Winner


This is a post I saw on Facebook that says it all...

The reports are that the truckers are getting supplies to the stores. People are stocking the shelves all night and letting old people shop first. Carnival Cruise line told Trump - We can match those big Navy Hospital ships with some fully staffed cruise ships. GM said hold our cars and watch this; we can make those ventilators where we were making cars starting next week. Women and children are making homemade masks and handing out snacks to truckers. Restaurants and schools said, We have kitchens and staff; we can feed kids. Churches are holding on-line services and taking care of their members and community. NBA basketball players said - Hold our basketballs while we write checks to pay the arena staff. Construction companies said - Here are some masks for the medical staff and doctors. Breweries are making sanitizer out of the left-over ingredients. We thought we could not live without Baseball, NASCAR, NBA or going to the beach, restaurants or a bar. Instead, we are trying to keep those businesses open by ordering take-out. And many are making a difference by just being still, a virtue thought to be lost.

We have a wonderful country and an amazing God.

I know we will be ok




Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Diana L Crawford All rights reserved.
Diana L Crawford has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.