Letters and Diary Fiction posted March 21, 2020 Chapters:  ...4 5 -6- 7... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Day 5

A chapter in the book The Corona saga

Faker, pretender and the rest

by Iza Deleanu

The author has placed a warning on this post for language.



Background
Day 5 since I conscientiously jump into this pandemic. This is my way to cope with this virus. I will try to post everyday updates from all over the world and my own vision, hopefully funny.
March 21, 2020
Day 5

Corona doesn't need a visa and doesn't give a damn about borders. She strolled happily in our huge village, Canada. She brought us lots of love from China and Iran, travelling first class. In one flight, she sneezed her way into our lives.

In the beginning, it was just a lovely touch. Silly us, we reasoned that it was the seasonal flu. We thought that we were safe because most of us are vegetarians and in Canada, it is illegal to eat snakes, bats and other delicacies. But tonight, the Ministry of Health from British Columbia, declared that we are not prepared for her deadly touch. We have no medication, no doctors, and nooo, "I want my mommy"!

In this province, they have already 271 cases and 8 dead. I am so sorry. I know  that other countries have lost many more, but as I was saying before, it's scarry....

.
Ok, stop it! I don't wanna hear about what we don't have! Nobody has medication, the doctors are getting sick too, and nobody is prepared for this grumpy lady. Let's give a round of applause for what we have.

We have pretenders and fakers; panickers, alarmists and hoarders, fake Samaritans and opportunists. Let's talk a little bit about the fakers aka pretenders. Yo, come out, you know who you are!


As you know, in order to stop the spreading of the virus, many governments have decided to send their workers home. The deal was to work from home. After I talked to a couple of friends that are part of this trial out, what I found out left me speechless. There are some people that took this literarlly: they go home and disapear... Others are pretending that they are working, but you can see that they are not logged on the company system for days.

Then you have the fakers who are pretending that thet are sick just to stay home for fourteen days with pay. Self islotation and social distancing, my foot!  You call them because you are concerned about their well-being, and they are missing in action! In the meantime, you have people that are very sick and will give anything to be healthy and be able to work again. My prayers are with you, my sisters and brothers.



The alarmists or the rumor spreaders are having a blast. Overnight, they become the experts in everything. First, they kill people left and right based on their own statistics and predictions.

Then, they talk about the end of the world and give some impossible advice in how to survive. We already know that Lady Corona is not interested in bleach, garlic, onions and voodoo. She hates soap and water, and actually loves that gel that we keep pouring on our hands.The gel is acting as a barrier that gives her a cushion de resistence and a new wave of spreading. According to the
alarmists, Corona came because of the global warming. Truth to be told, if that was the case, shouldn't she be aleardy... dead? Oh, wait, excessive heat is not going to kill her either!


Next are the hoarders that have transformed their house into a bunker full with everything they could buy from the grocery store. They can barely move in theit house, but they are happy to have dodged the bullet. Do you think they want to share? Nope! They decided to stay in that bunker until the end of the world. Happy Hibernation, and watch out for the fake Samaritan!

The opportunists are trying to squeeze some money out of this Corona affair by selling the hand sanitizers, toilet paper, masks and other hot commodities at astronomic prices. I hope, you  survive and be able to spend all that money that you made on our suffering and tears.

Finally, we have the good, aka Fake Samaritan who knowingly carries the virus but wants to give you a present to remember.

My sister told me about a guy who came from Germany. He went to visit his mom at work, and the entire floor got sick.  Thanks, buddy, come again.


The world is a jungle, and this deadly Lady is driving us nuts. One touch and bye-bye, Baby: eeny, meeny, miny, moe who wants to be next? Not meeeeeeeeeeee, go away: I have holy water!
 


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.