Letters and Diary Fiction posted March 18, 2020 Chapters: Prologue 1 -2- 3... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
first official day

A chapter in the book The Corona saga

Me...panic

by Iza Deleanu


Day 1
17 March 2020
 
Yesterday I panicked. Finally, it hit us! Canada declared state of emergency. People are advised to work from home, schools are closed, buses reduce to a week end schedule. I am royally screwed! My job doesn’t allow work from home, because of security issues.

If I can’t catch a bus, I must walk six hours a day. Three hours in the morning and three in the afternoon. Thank you, Corona, for taking care of my fitness plan… for free!

 Oh, shttt, stop complaining, husband to the rescue.

Yup, he came and picked me up from work. Driving with him my panic attack increased to the point that I can’t breathe. I felt like my lungs are running out of air. We arrived home, and I start my routine. Washing the dishes, preparing the dinner, taking care of the kitties and even playing with them. Anything just to take my mind off my fear.

It’s eight o’clock in the evening. My anxiety is still there, and I feel like  calling my priest and talking it out, but then I just think why should I drop my fear on somebody’s else’s shoulders?

Nine o’clock, I am checking with my husband. He is sound asleep, I guess the way he is dealing with this hysteria is the best. Have some “special edible ” chocolate and be merry. Don’t give me that look, in Canada they are legal.

Accidentally I open my TV on some news from France, of course Le Corona is filling the screen with disturbing information. Now I am watching some news on RAI, the national Italian television, same “music” on the Romanian channels, CBC is shooting in full blast :"it's real, folks, don't go out!" in other words Apocalypse in full blast. Sometimes understanding too many languages is not for your own good.

I decided to call off the night and start praying. Trying to calm my nerves down I opened the New Testament randomly, and surprise! It opened to the chapter where Maria Magdalena can’t find Jesus in the tomb. Instead of feeling scared I just felt finally some peace. I am reading that passage into a different light. He is going to save us, calm down, breathe, you are not alone. After reading two more random chapters which opened on the same lines: the news of salvation and forgiveness, I fall asleep.

Tomorrow it will be different. Tomorrow I will start working on my conspiracy theory. I am going to make fun of this Corona girl.
 

 



Recognized


I decided to document how this virus is affecting my sanity. So feel free to join me in this experience, I hope the reading will become funnier, then what I posted so far. Thank you for reading and let's stay safe my friends
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.