Letters and Diary Fiction posted March 17, 2020 Chapters: -Prologue- 1... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
to live or not too

A chapter in the book The Corona saga

Too Live or not too

by Iza Deleanu

The author has placed a warning on this post for language.

To retire or not to retire? Yes, you must! If you wait too long, you will not get a chance to do it. Starting with today, from China with love, we are getting a special retirement package just for us. A six-pack shimmering Corona retirement parcel dedicated and specialized in youngsters like me and my wife, over fifty and so on!

Man, you can say goodbye to all your travel dreams and retiring planning in some exotic country. The only exotic thing you will see, will be the nurse dressed like for Armageddon. No more sexy scrubs. They are all the same, poor things, nothing attractive about it.

Now, God, forbid to go to a hospital, man it's a war zone. The moment you step in, they jump on you to disinfect you, scrub you toe to head... and send you home to ripe for fourteen days. Many things can happen in those days. I think they are just delaying the inevitable. I guess next stage will be to burn you alive.

The zombie apocalypse is so freaking real! People are fighting for supplies like there is no tomorrow.

Wait maybe there is no tomorrow! Who knows? I think this is the most idiotic way to live your retirement dream. How is our plan adjusting and syncing into this new reality?

Option number one: die of hunger, because if you are getting outside, being over fifty, you might get it.

Option number two: die of Corona, because you accidentally met somebody who got it.

Option number three: Take a deep breath, calm down and live another day with hope that this will be over...soon, or at least before the first options are taking over!

Lord, stop me now! I am going in circles panicking! My wife is in the same hysteria like me. Death supposed to be easy, but if you think conscious about it, is the hardest thing that could happen to you. Our main priority: the cats! We got two, and we are afraid for them. Our contingency plan: one of us must survive, over fifty or not!


One of us needs to get that phantom pension and get to the retiring phase, because we need to take care of the cats. When we adopted them, we promised to take care of them. They are illegal, (no pets policy building) if we both die, they will too. Our relatives are living on a different continent, so our babies will suffer.


Please, Lord, forgive me. I know kids are important as well as the rest of the world, but for us, these kittens are our safe space, our sanctuary. Come into my house, and all you will hear are prayers to the All Mighty. We are praying for us, for our families and friends, but also for the entire humanity. Is this how the world supposed to end?

Hey, what about my retiring plan? Meow, meow and be merry and be married keeping the vow until ... Corona do us part! Don't panic! Our father , who are...

 




In order to stop panicking about this deadly virus, I decided to start a journal about it. The chapter can be read by themselves.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.